Increase in National Living Wage & National Minimum Wage
March 2, 2017
From April 2017, the National Living Wage (NLW) and National Minimum Wage (NMW) are set to increase.
The NLW will be increased to £7.50 an hour for workers aged 25 and older.
- a 30p increase in the adult rate 25-year and over (£7.50 per hour)
- a 10p increase in the adult rate under 25-year-olds (£7.05 per hour)
- a 5p increase in the rate for 18 to 20-year-olds (£5.60 per hour)
- a 5p increase in the rate for 16 to 17-year-olds (£4.05 per hour)
- a 10p increase in the rate for apprentices (£3.50 per hour).
The Umbrella PAYE rate will be increased to £9.45 for anyone over 25 as from April 2017. The rate includes NLW, Employers NI and Holiday Pay.
For further information see the Government link regarding the minimum wage increase.