Construction growth edges up again in April.
May 16, 2017
UK Construction companies report a solid start to the second quarter of 2017. Construction growth has been helped by faster rises in civil engineering and residential building activity.
The Construction Index monthly survey of construction purchasing managers shows that the April data saw the strongest rise in new work received by UK construction companies so far in 2017. This is due to the resilient economic backdrop and a sustained improvement in client demand.
- Due to greater workloads, employment numbers rose the strongest since May 2016
- Demand for construction materials rose showing a marked rise in input buying since November 2016
- Civil engineering was the best performing sub-category of construction
- Growth of residential building also accelerated, reaching a four-month high.
- Commercial building work increased but at a slower pace.
So with an expectant rise in construction output for the year ahead and concerns on the availability of subcontractors during April, companies could find challenges in recruiting skilled labour.
Let us help
Simon Nicholas Associates has built an enviable reputation within the construction market providing an experienced, flexible and reactive freelance & temporary workforce throughout the UK to suit your business needs on a short term or ongoing basis.
For further information on the service we can offer please call Simon Pearce on 0115 9878484 or contact us by email.
To read full article click here: Information taken from The Construction Index